Friday, May 8, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to all

Marc and I would like to wish you all a very happy Mother's Day.

Marc is doing a little better. He still can't talk well and can only say a couple of words at a time. The biggest problem is that he will say something like "We need to" and can't get the most important word out. It does seem to be improving some, but much more slowly this time than on previous occasions. It is very frustrating for him and difficult for both of us. He is able to read the paper and says that he understands what he reads. He just seems to have a short circuit for expressing himself. He is still extremely tired, thanks again to the steroids and doesn't have a lot of stamina. The swelling in his lower legs, feet and abdomen has worsened again but fortunately it hasn't gotten as bad as it was in the past. He has gained 25 pounds since he was discharged from the hospital, all in fluid. I know it has to be uncomfortable.

I took Marc in today to have an ingrown toenail removed. I have been after him for years to have it done and he finally agreed. He say's it isn't bothering him tonight. His pain tolerance continues to amaze me.

I plan to return to work on Monday but will only be working half days for a while, at least until I feel Marc can call me if he needs help.

Please continue to keep Marc in your prayers.

2 comments:

sillyrobb said...

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day as well. Marc is always in our prayers. Is he able to use the computer any or write what he wants to say? Love you guys

Jill said...

Hope you all had a great weekend..the weather held out here , and today was beautiful...so I hope you had the same...Marcia I am glad you will be home part-time ....thinking of all of you and keep you in our prayers....we love you....Your sis Jill and Byron