Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Test results . . .

We did get about a half inch of rain after I posted the last blog. We are in need of much more but do appreciate what we got!

Marc had a restless weekend. The effects of the steroids are beginning to appear again and take their toll. He doesn't sleep much at all now, maybe an hour or two here and there. He has taken to walking around the cul-de-sac in the middle of the night, sometimes two or three times between 10 and 5. So far tonight we have been out 3 times and it's only 2:30! He is using the walker when he takes these journeys but is a little unsteady in his gait so I join him. His lower legs and feet are beginning to swell some but not yet to the extent they have in the past. The only good thing is that his appetite has improved some. He seems to be in limbo with his speech and there has been little or no improvement since his discharge from the hospital. He still gets speech therapy twice a week as well as occupational and physical therapy.

The abdominal pain has not improved but he is managing to cope, only if he takes the pain medication regularly and even then it seems to only numb the pain a bit. The CT scan results were normal with an "incidental finding of a fat containing umbilical hernia". His PCP wants him to see a surgeon. I am afraid that a surgery at this time might be too much for him but Marc told me that it needed to "get fixed". At this point he is so ready to be pain free he will do just about anything to obtain relief. It is so difficult to see him suffer. It just breaks my heart to watch him try to get through the day, but he just keeps on going. He is such a fighter. I think there is no braver person in the world.

The MRI results are still pending. I called first thing this morning but haven't heard anything yet. We are both anxious to get the results. I will post something as soon as we hear something. Marc has another appointment with the oncologist next Tuesday, I just hope we hear something before then.

3 comments:

Priscilla Robb said...

Will be waiting with you for the test results and prayer it's some good news. Wish I was there to walk with Marc I could do all the talking and he couldn't sass me back. You all take care, we love you lots.

Jill said...

Waiting to hear the MRI results along with you guys....walking is good !!!!! I too wish I could be there to walk...Marcia remember we use to years ago....I need to....but anyway...lots of love and prayers your way....love your sis Jill

Unknown said...

Boy, I wish they could figure out what is causing your pain, Marc!!! That has to be wearing you out!! Hopefully it won't be long before you get your test results back, they will quit poking & proding, on you, and you can get healed up. Marcia, I'm sooo glad he has you. It's so comforting to have someone by your side, when you're going through all that!!

We need to live closer together, I've always been a 'night person' and the older I get the worse it is..lol If I start working on genealogy, in the evening, it's usually an all-nighter..lol Now, I don't know how much help I'd be with the walking...I can trip over a twig... So you might have to rescue me..lol

I think of y'all every day and your definitely in my prayers!!!

Love,

Cheryl

We had 2 LITTLE showers over the weekend. It Was Great!!!