Tuesday, October 21, 2008

How this came about...

Guess I need to start by bringing everyone up to speed as I am sure everyone has heard parts of the story but maybe not everything...

On Wednesday, October 15th Marc woke up not feeling really well. As he would say "he was just not right". By Wednesday evening, he made a doctors appointment for the next day. The symptoms were slurred speech, slight ride side weakness, and trouble seeing. At first glance, the doctor assumed that he had a stroke and ordered additional testing for early the next week.

Friday night, all seemed well at The Budge house with Annie spending the night as usual. Tea parties and movies were on the agenda. By Saturday, he was really struggling to speak without a slur and was worn out.

Saturday evening while watching a movie at home, Marc had a seizure which affected the right side of his face. At that point, it was time to go to the hospital. In the ER, they ran a CT scan which showed that something was there. He was admitted to the ICU for observation, to control his blood pressure, and to wait until the next day to have the MRI.

5 comments:

Inspector said...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Marc and all his family. I know his hard head probably broke some of the surgens tools ;) . Get well soon bud, I'll keep a beer cold for you.
Mark

Di said...

Hey Marc & Marcia! I am thinking about you guys. Get better!!
Love ya, Di

Jill said...

Hey brother Marc and Marcia....you are in our prayers and thoughts 24/7....we love you bothso much and know you will have a speedy recovery...I know your are doing good when you have your sense of humor and mishievousness, and true gritof the Budge's/Radke's/Souder's
Love to you both and the kids...your sis Jill and Byron (big hugs too)

Jill said...

Opps...I did not proof read my blog ,,,I am new at this....stuff....I surprised myself that I could even do this much...anyway....you know how handicapped your sister is...hugs and kisses to all Your sis again Jill

Brenda Mansel Reno said...

Hi Budge Family! I spoke to Brad Keeley this AM. He said to say hello and let you know he was thinking of you. It sounds like you are getting back up to "onery" speed in a quick way. Wishing you continued improvement and a full recovery. My heart is with you.