Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The maze after diagnosis


We are home, and settling into life as it is now, day by day. We have begun the adventure into the medical maze. It seems no matter how much you know about the system, you are still at a loss when you are thrown into it from this angle. I spent 4 hours on the phone just scheduling appointments with the doctors, physical therapy and speech therapy . We spent 3 hours at the Social Security office just finalizing the disability applications that had been previously completed on line. There is no normal now. We have everything written down on a calendar so we know when, where and what time to go to the next appointment. We are both a little overwhelmed but we are making it.

Marc has not lost his since of humor. When Annie, our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter asked him what was wrong and why he was in the hospital his reply was "I have brain damage". A little sick humor there. I am sure that Annie has gone to day care and told her friends and teachers that her Papa is brain damaged!

Thank you all for your prayers, calls and e-mails, they are both needed and appreciated. I will update the Blog again later this week.

4 comments:

Brickman said...

Brain damaged......... that is just too funny.
Or is it? Might be a bunch of us in that category.


Lookin good Marc, glad to see you still got the sense of humor!

Jill said...

Hey, brother Marc you look great...I am thrilled....I love you so much....I go to Rachelle's this Saturday for a visit...I gave Marcia in her email Rachelle's phone no.....than I want to come down to give you a hard time...for "ole time sakes" HEEEE! Love you a bunch and Marcia , keep up the good work...your sis Jill

Leon said...

Hey Marc, I've known you for 15 years...... You've ALWAYS been a little brain damaged!! That's what I like about you. You hang in there tuff, big guy. I'm praying for you. You know, around here,(Oklahoma) you would fit right in with that hair do.... God Bless you both. Leon

Scott_Stone said...

There is no problem so grave that a little humor cannot over come it. I am glad to see things going as well as they are.

Scooter