Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hanging in there . . .

Marc continues to be stable. He is very frustrated being confined to the bed and also because of the expressive aphasia. I can't imagine what it would be like to know what you want to say but not be able to get the words out. He is still getting heparin (the anticoagulant) via IV and once he is therapeutic will start with injections that will be daily to keep the blood from clotting. I am guessing that he will be hospitalized for two or three more days. He is really wanting to get home and wants to see the grandchildren.

I'll post more tomorrow.

1 comment:

David Velen said...

Marc, I am sorry to hear you are having all of these "bumps" in your recovery efforts. Listen to the doctors and nurses, I know they are doing everything they can to get you back to your old self. Take care friend, David.