Friday, December 12, 2008

New hair do, or should I say no hair do


Well I guess Marc got tired of me calling him an "Old Hippie" and decided to get rid of the rest of his hair before I decided to braid it in back. We went to the barber to get the shave today. It was kind of sad to see the hair come off but Marc looks pretty good bald!

The first radiation treatment went well. Marc had no problems. The staff at the radiation center are wonderful. We have been very fortunate to have such good caregivers that are so close to home. So far Marc has done well with the chemotherapy with no side effects but he has taken only 2 capsules. As I understand it, most people do well with this drug.
Marc is pretty tired but overall is doing well. He is still having some expressive aphasia but it seems to be improving daily. It does frustrate him when he knows what he wants to say but just can't get it out. I told him I guessed that my finishing his sentences all these years might have some benefit but I usually don't come up with the right answer when I am trying to guess what he wants to say. We are both learning to be more patient.

On a positive note, our grandson Brayden's baseball team won their game tonight 10 to 0 with Brayden pitching 67 pitches to 14 players (is he major league stuff or what!) and they play for the championship tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be nice so Marc and I are planning on going to the game.

More later . . .

3 comments:

Leon said...

Marc, you look pretty good with no hair. I know it's Houston and all, but keep a hat close by. You never realize how cold your head gets until you don't have any hair on it!! I can relate to the
claustrophobia of the mask during treatment. Just close your eyes and go to a happy place in your mind. You'll do fine. Take care until I see you again. Leon.

sillyrobb said...

Boy Marc, you sure look like your brother Craig in the first picture. Has your eyesight improved any? Glad to see that they left your ears. Good luck with the chemo. Sounds like your off to a good start. Love you Cousin Silly

Jill said...

Hey....looking good, both of you....yes...keep a hat handy...you did get snow, so it does get chilly down there, sometimes...thinking of you all....and keeping you in our prayers... we love you.....your sis Jill and Byron